Friday, July 13, 2007

How are we fighting this war?

Forgive me for being a little rusty on my modern military strategy. I studied it, but somehow missed the part where you capture the enemy and then let him go. All this time I thought the purpose of patrolling the streets in Iraq and detaining insurgents and militia members was to keep them from fighting and killing innocent Iraqis and coalition troops. Apparently it's really to give them a little R&R before they move on to the next town.

You know, a little bird once told me that we have the best military in the country. Now I've met a lot of soldiers and I think they are the best, true citizen-soldiers who are well trained and carry out their orders no matter what the opposition. But someone higher up clearly has their head so far up their ass that it's coming back out the other side.

No comments: